Sunday, October 16, 2011

Newfound respect for Will Ferrel, George Bush, and Oprah


Just finished the Grand Rapids Marathon. Unofficial time: 5 hrs 27 min. As much as I am happy with my time, it was far behing Will Ferrel, George Bush, P Diddy, and Oprah. I started my run with the Al Gore pace team (he did it in just under 5 hrs). I think I saw that Will Ferrel did it under 4!
New at the marathon was the addition of pickle juice as a refreshment. I understand there is some value to all the electrolytes in pickle juice, but I could not bring myself to drink some out of fear of an upset stomach.

I hope this inspires people to aim high with their health and fitness goals. I am not genetically made for running, but I did it. Start small and build upon it. You might surprise yourself. Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment